Tuesday 17 November 2015

First Aid Workshop

A few weeks ago, before work experience started, the TYs went to the school library and took part in a First Aid Workshop. It was a Wednesday and TYs have no classes scheduled for Wednesdays so we usually have an activity that day. All of class Lagarde gathered in the library were greeted by our First Aid instructor Gary. I think it's safe to say that he was extremely 'punny'. For example, he was introducing himself when my friend Lauren suddenly screamed to me "there's a massive spider on your head!" She whacked me over the head and the spider fell into the middle of the circle we were sitting in. Gary picked it up wuth a piece of paper and put it outside. He came back in and said "I don't know how to give CPR to a spider but you can look it up in a web.." The whole class laughed and he kept on saying puns throughout the whole workshop. -_-

We learned lots of really helpful things from 'Gaz'. He taught us CPR on dummies and how to put people in the recovery position. It was really helpful because we learned how to react in dangerous situations like if someone is choking like a person, baby or even yourself, we now know what we need to do.It was particularly helpful for me as I have two godchildren who are younger than 1 so I babysit them a lot and I am more confident knowing that I can trust myself to react in dangerous situations. I think it was really helpful and I personally think that every TY year should do this                                                             because it gives you more confidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment